Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Great UNExpectations

SO even though I was out of town this weekend, something totally unexpected happened while I was away from the apartment for one night. I almost didn't believe the story when my roommates told me when I returned. It was a complete shock but I was very impressed...

The four boys who live in the apartment above me have spent this entire school year partying hard, and it always involved some extremely loud, thumping music until 3am...every...weekend. But as my two roommates were saying goodbye to a friend at the end of Friday night, one of the boys from upstairs walked past our apartment door and saw my two roommates standing in the doorway.

After approaching them, he told them he lived upstairs and wanted to apologize for always being s loud and obnoxious. I had assumed that these dudes were just selfish, inconsiderate a-holes who didn't give a crap about their neighbors. But this guys actually had the guts to come down and offer a pretty sincere apology.

When I heard this story, I was not only stunned but impressed. I have a lot more respect for this fellow tenant now, and I hope that his roommates will learn from his example. Saturday night, they played their music late at night, but it wasn't nearly as loud or long. They have certainly gained some respect back.

Way to go dudes, way to go.

1 comment:

  1. I live on the second floor of my apartment complex, and for the whole year we have been complaining about the boys above us. They are always stomping around, playing loud music, and sometimes we believe that they are bowling. When we were complaining to our neighbors below us they just started laughing, saying we did the same thing! So now we know not to complain cause there is someone below us hearing the noises we make.

    ReplyDelete