This is the first year that I am living in my own apartment with three other fabulous girls. It has been everything, and at the same time, nothing I expected it to be.
I used to think that common decency was, well...just that: common and decent. But after living in my off-campus apartment, I am learning that not everyone had MY mom as their voice of reason. I did not realize that when I signed my one year lease for my junior year of college that I would be agreeing to playing zoo keeper for the animals that live in my building.
After doing a little research, I found this blog created by a landlord who manages an apartment building in a major city. Her blog is sort of like an advice column where she gives regular updates with little anecdotes and words of wisdom about life in the apartment. While I like her approach and enjoy her posts, my blog will be more of a space to share interesting and outrageous stories of living life in my first apartment, more for an entertainment and reflective purpose.
I this blog as a way to stem the bitterness I have been slowly realizing and encourage myself and others to "love thy neighbors has yourself." It is not a place to bitch and whine, but a chance for me and my readers to look at the Solo cup as "half full." I hope that those frustrated residents out there can know they are not alone, and can enjoy a humorous view on these crazy apartment antics.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Natalie! This is a great idea for a blog. As a sophomore I am in the same boat trying to understand why neighbors act as they do and recounting all the hysterically funny shenanigans my roommates and I get into. You seem to be coming from a casual, humorous, relatable place, and that is perfect for your readership. If you mix up your stories to keep your readers entertained, I am predicting a very successful blog! Keep it up girl, and keep your door locked haha
ReplyDeleteHey Natalie, I really love this idea for your blog! I think from reading your first posts, that you and I have many apartment blunders in common. :) I also like how your tone is humorous, it really helps to keep the reader interested. I cannot wait to read more of the interesting apartment stories.
ReplyDelete