Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Saws and Solo Cups

So it has been a little while since I posted, and that's because it has been pretty uneventful around here. That is, until last weekend...

I went out of town this past weekend and I can home to the decorative archway that everyone walks under to get to an apartment in our building was literally ripped from the building. I don't know exactly how it happened, but it wasn't THAT windy this weekend...I didn't realize we had gymnasts living in this building...it was probably a great prop for a stunt. Here's to hoping that my landlord doesn't charge my roommates and me for the damages.

I woke up this morning...at 8:30 am--a very early wake-up call for someone like me who was up late finishing a paper--to the sound of a roaring chainsaw. The maintenance crew were directly outside of my bedroom window finishing the job on the archway that someone had already started. At least now I can walk to my apartment without stepping over splintered wood. As for the typical weekend trashing of the building, I was like Moses parting the Red Solo Cup Sea just to get to my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment